Thursday, May 10, 2007

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid - Bad Room Temperature


It must be getting close to the weekend, for my tolerance is once again dropping for stupid people. Of course, they never see my anger - just a Curious George smile.


Today's call was a "comfort" call. The client stated that their bedroom is never warm in the winter or cool in the summer. Typically, HZG would start in the basement and then go to the attic in search of the reason. However, this day I felt giddy and thought I'd start in the room itself.


Low and behold, the issue was simple...and stupid.


The bedroom was located close to the middle of the house, so I felt the supply run was not the issue. I was right, it wasn't. The bedroom has 2 supply registers for its size. Normally, that would be enough. Not in this room though. Here comes the stupidity...


There was a dog's bed (big fluffy circular bed) located directly OVER one of the registers. The other register was covered by a dresser. So, in effect, this room had NO registers.


I pointed this out to the idio...er...home owner. I suggested a new furniture arrangement.


Maybe it's the cost of gas ($3.07) that's getting to me when I drive to someone's house and find stupidity...

No comments: