Saturday, January 20, 2007

Heat Registers

This is an insult to intelligence post. I must share it with one and all for there may be one person out there that needs it. For those that don't, enjoy the amusement.

The last sales call made yesterday was one a good one to cap off a Friday. HZG was called to a person's house (gender shall remain neutral to protect the innocent). He / She complained about one room being more cold than the others. "I definitely need insulation" this person of neutral gender said. So...I first did my usual home exploration to see if there was something obvious. There was, making the house call extremely short (and non-profitable). I enjoyed the "chuckle-profit" though...

Entering the room in question, I did a quick scan of the room. No registers that I could see. So I dug under a stack of magazines and books on the floor. Looky here! A register! Completely covered. To make matters even more interesting...the final reading material covering the register was a hard back book with a plastic cover...melted to the grate.

Moral of the story...check your registers to see what type of air flow exists (find them first). Secondly, make sure they're open (yes, I've seen that too...)

Next Topic: More Happenings...

No comments: