Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Trailer Weatherization

I realize that the majority of readers do not own a trailer. However, I must address the combat duty that my crews go through so you get a better understanding of their appreciation when dealing with a "good" house.

My combat crew, or so I call them when going to a trailer, went to their next war zone. The motto of weatherizing a trailer is to work carefully around the many obstacles (bad plumbing, bad skirting, sinking trailers, holes in the siding...the list goes on and on.) I received a call after 1 hour with the crew stating that they couldn't work on the trailer. My pat response is "do what you can do and call it a day." My "troops" are dedicated and will work in any condition; so when they tell me they can't work, well, I listen. This day they could do very little. Why, you ask?

It was a "Willard" trailer. If you recall the movie Willard, the movie was about mice and rats. Well, this trailer had them. Scurrying noises when the skirting was removed to see the belly; fresh droppings when viewed. And the King dropping; this was no ordinary sized rat. It was a monster rat potato cake.

HZG immediately told them to pack it in - no purple hearts are to be awarded today.

So the next time you think your job is rough, remember that there are jobs out there that deal with rats. Big ones...

Next Topic: More Happenings...

No comments: