Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Electrical Wiring Booby-Traps


Today's attic inspection was one for the books. I felt like a soldier going through a mine field. I have never seen this many wires running through an attic. The picture above is about 1/50th of what I saw today.


Part of being involved in an energy field is not just knowing how to weatherize, it's knowing how to diagnose a cluster - ****. This was a mess...


This client had run speaker wiring, outlet wiring, security system wiring, can lighting wiring, wiring for wiring, wiring for looks...you get the picture. Besides the obvious penetration issues, there is the extra effort to secure the wiring out of the way - as well as pricing the job extra due to the time involved avoiding it.


The largest issue I saw was a security wiring bundle running down the chimney chase way (6" x 8'). I pointed out to the client that I could follow the wiring throughout the house, from attic to basement.


Bottom line...be careful in attics; there are mine fields everywhere...

No comments: