Monday, November 13, 2006

How The Energy Guy came into existence...

I had not planned on becoming The Energy Guy. I really hadn't planned on anything - short of enjoying life. Well, if there is one bit of advice I can deliver in this post, it's to make as many friends and contacts in life as possible. With that being said, I went from the finance industry into Weatherization. 15 years of finance - then poof - into the energy related field. Each contact I had led me to another and another. When I was "asked" to get into the weatherization field based on my customer service skills (and the skill is to treat everyone as if they are your only customer) - I was intrigued. I did a little research and asked a lot of questions.

I agreed to take the next step - and that was to audit another professional in the industry. Up into an attic I went. It was a puzzle - and there are no two puzzles alike. Yep, I'm hooked. Off to classes at COAD in Athens, Ohio. Yep, still hooked. I started up a company within a company - slow and steady growth, relying on Government work for the basic income, retail residential for the "profit."

What is so intriguing about Weatherization? It works. Period. It's one of the only fields that you can say, with 100% accuracy - I WILL save you money if you let me weatherize your home. I'm helping someone. I'm helping the environment. I'm providing stable employment for the people that work with me. I'm making a little money along the way. Yep - being The Energy Guy has all of these rewards.

Until I receive a question from you, I'll be providing the topics. If you know what's good for you...you'll write soon - unless you enjoy a good ramble.

Next topic: The Blower Door

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how do you get that picture in your heading and where in your template. it is so cool!